Explore the delights on offer in the riverside city of Launceston, in Tasmania’s north. Showcasing the unique offerings from independent businesses around Launceston, south to Evandale and northward through the Tamar Valley.
Featuring cafes, bars, and restaurants, shoes, clothing and hand-made accessories, inspired gifts, retail galleries brimming with original design, fresh regional produce, vineyard and farm experiences; you can shop like a local, from the locals!
We’ve done the leg work for you – so you can enjoy your time taking in the sites, flavours, sounds, and adventures in, and around, Launceston. The pages of We Are Launceston showcase over 40 the best establishments and experiences for you to enjoy. Providing a preview what’s on offer, you can curate your experience regardless of how long you have; plan a half-day, a whole-day, or a full week!
Featuring Launceston’s city centre, suburbs, and regional areas of Evandale, just 15 minutes south, and north through the Tamar Valley.
Pick up your copy, around Launceston!
We Are Launceston is a printed city map and guide to Launceston city, Evandale and the Tamar Valley in Tasmania’s north.
Businesses are categorised into desirable, edible, and enjoyable, and marked on a map making them easy to find!
You can navigate by category, area or dietary requirements.
With a handy dietary guide and wifi references, you’ll minimise time spent searching through your phone, and be able to use your time knowing what to expect.
We’ve taken the guess work out of your planning!
Unfolds to a map and all business details
mementos & alluring
coffee & snacks
food and drink
Gluten free options
– shop like a local, from the locals –
GET MY HANDS ON A COPY
Pick up your free city guide on the streets of Launceston, or download your own copy
show me around
We’ve put together a handful of itineraries, so you can make the most out of your time in Northern Tasmania
We Are Launceston is free for customers, guests, patrons, delegates…everyone!
If you’re an innkeeper, local guide, generous host to interstate friends and family, shop owner, helpful bloke, anticipatory holiday planner, conference organiser, property manager…any one really! We would be delighted to share our guide with you.
- Launceston Visitor Information Centre
- West Tamar Visitors Centre
- Launceston Airport
- Hobart International Airport
- Spirit of Tasmania Vessel I & II
- Harvest Launceston Community Farmers Market
- Hotel, hostel, b’n’b and guest house reception
- Your Air b’n’b host
Check out our sister guide
We Are Hobart guides are available from the following locations:
- Tasmanian Tourist Information Centre, Davey St, Hobart
- Launceston Tourist Information Centre, Charles St, Launceston
- Salamanca Market Information Pavilion
- Mac2 Cruise Ship Terminal
- Hobart International Airport
- The Taste Of Tasmania [December 27th to January 3rd]
- Farm Gate Market
- Street Eats @ Franko [November – April]
- Hobart City Council Information Desk
- Car Hire Reception Desks
- Hotel & Hostel Reception Desks
- Air B’n’B Property Hosts
- Short Term Holiday Rental Agents
- each and every seasonally featured business
Published twice a year, We Are Hobart showcases over 55 businesses in Tasmania’s south that offer a distinguished and varied experience – so you can experience the best of Tasmanian food, brews, art and design.
We Are Hobart and
We Are Launceston
are proudly produced
by founding director